Sherri Lovercheck

8:27 AM


I attended Oak Grove Lutheran High School in Fargo, North Dakota and went on to achieve a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of North Dakota. My education was furthered by attending the University of Colorado where I earned a Masters of Public Administration. I can't remember a time when equity for girls and women wasn't something I cared deeply about. I joined AAUW because equity for women and girls is a priority for AAUW coupled with a focus on education. I have worked to advance women in their education, careers and have served in leadership positions on  decision and policy making boards where I have advocated for women's equity. My current volunteer activity within the community college system relates to my desire to see women pursue and succeed in their educational endeavors.

My main volunteering is in the arena of education. Governor Mead appointed me to serve on the Wyoming Community College Commission 5 years ago. This appointment occurred after serving 11 years on the Eastern Wyoming College Board of Trustees. I am an active participant on the Complete College Wyoming (CCW) Initiative, an educational reform initiative that is focused upon increasing college graduation rates. In our first 3 years, CCW has increased community college graduation rates by 9.3%, a remarkable accomplishment for our community college system. 

My retirement activities include travel, reading, hanging with grandkids, and keeping up with our ranching activities.

You Might Also Like

0 comments