Gail Heimbuck

8:37 AM



I grew up in New Jersey, but headed west to attend college in Mitchell, SD, where I earned a degree in Elementary Education and English from Dakota Wesleyan University.  DWU’s claim to fame is alumnus Senator George McGovern.  The Senator, now deceased, is an inspiration to me for his public service and his dedication in fighting hunger, which he did until he died.  I believe in advocacy for those in need, the poor, the hungry and the homeless, and those who are marginalized, and for this reason I joined AAUW.  I believe in AAUW’s mission, advocacy for women and girls. 

I attended the University of Wyoming where I earned an MEd in Curriculum and Instruction and certification as an Early Childhood Special Educator.  I retired from this field in 2010 and in 2011 began serving as the EWC Guernsey Outreach Coordinator.  I find it very gratifying to provide enrichment, non-credit and credit classes for learners of all ages.  My husband and I travel once a year outside of the U.S. and my picture was taken in Queenstown, New Zealand, on Bob's Peak.

You Might Also Like

0 comments