Ellen Ostheimer Creagar

12:00 PM


I joined AAUW because I very strongly believe that higher education empowers us in many ways.

I am a lawyer by training, but left the field of law in 1996 to move to Torrington to teach at Eastern Wyoming College. I love spending my days in an academic environment and I especially love interacting with college students. 

My role models include many of my students who have incredible determination and passion; their hard work and intellectual curiosity truly inspire me. I also greatly admire: Martin Luther King, Jr. for his constant struggle to right injustice; Morris Dees, for his passionate prosecution of hate crimes; many Native American leaders - including Wilma Mankiller - for their persistent voices; and some of the faculty both at EWC and other institutions who always act in the best interest of the student and who teach with the passion and knowledge I strive for every day. 

I enjoy cooking, gardening, and watching birds; I also love music and spending time with my family. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments